One vacancy on the Board. Candidates interested making a difference in the community by becoming a Board member are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position description is below.
Caldwell Family Centre – Board Member
The Caldwell Family Centre is recruiting for a qualified candidate to join the Board of Directors as soon as possible. We are particularly seeking candidates with experience or backgrounds in fundraising, public relations, communications or marketing. The Board’s focus is on governance, planning, policy-making, and strategic direction. The ideal candidate will have the time to offer meaningful contributions, and the skill-set, expertise and experience necessary to guide the organization to continued success.
Mission: The mission of the Caldwell Family Centre is to provide services to the community that feed and nurture physical and emotional wellness.
Board Member Role: The Board’s role is to ensure that the Centre establishes strategic priorities and maintains the trust of the community by being clear in its mission, prudent and ethical in its activities, and accountable for its actions. Board Members are individual role models and inspire others to contribute their talent and support to the community.
Responsible to: Board of Directors (Chair)
Remuneration: Service on CFC’s Board of Directors is without remuneration
Term: Board members are elected by the Membership for (renewable) 3-year terms
- Committed to the mission and work of the Caldwell Family Centre
- Prepare for, attend and participate in monthly board meetings (and other meetings as required)
- Foster a positive working relationship with other Board members and CFC’s Executive Director
- Promote the organization in the community
- Actively participate in fundraising activities
- Actively participate in evaluation and planning efforts
- Participate in various activities for the organization as needed throughout the year
General Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership stature in philanthropy, community service, business, government or the non-profit sector
- Ability to think strategically – a Visionary
- Strong Communicator
- A commitment to and understanding of CFC’s beneficiaries and the social services sector, preferably based on experience
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of others
- Knowledge of Board Governance – particularly with a policy governance model
Time Commitment: Approximately 5 hours per month for 3 years for Board responsibilities. Additional time may be required for other volunteer roles taken on during term of Board service.